Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Zonta Update

I have been a member of Zonta for a couple of years now, and they recently asked me to be a "First Year Director" on the board of the local Three Rivers North Chapter. Since my term as president of the Sojourner House board is ending in June, I expect to have a less time-consuming role there (although I'll still participate). So I said 'yes' to the director spot for Zonta.

A week of so ago, the nominating committee called me back and asked if I would consider taking the position of President Elect. Since I have almost no awareness of the Zonta International aspect of this organization, there would be a learning curve here. However, they convinced me that my leadership experience from Sojourner House would serve me well; and they have a couple of people who can mentor me. So I have accepted the President Elect spot. Guess I am just a born leader . . . or a born woman's advocate . . . or both.

Zonta . . . Advancing the status of women, worldwide.

On that note, one of the Zonta members in our local club is Mary Jo Hess, who is fighting a courageous battle with cancer. Her faith and courage are inspiring, and I have put her CaringBridge site on my favorites for all my blogger friends. Please lift up Mary Jo in prayer on her journey.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Congratulations on the new venture! I love to read about (and know) strong women.
I tried to read the link but it's bit too much for me right now. I will read it though.