Friday, April 03, 2009

It has been a long week, my friends!

As I sit here on Friday evening, I must say that March did NOT go out like a lamb! I had some stuff going on at work this week that culminated a couple of months worth of business case analysis . . . and getting it in front of executive management for approval. I have tap danced this presentation at least 4 times this week . . . each time with a different stakeholder. I'm glad to say, I think it will be approved on Monday. And that Irish blarney served me well in giving my presentation.

In addition to launching my business case and strategy, I also met with my boss for a performance review, tried to convince another of my business customers that we need to hire some consultants to help us with a project, and spent a number of hours on Visio drawing logical diagrams of some of our processes as a reference model. I DESERVE this glass of wine, I'm telling you.

The week was complicated because I got a cold about Wednesday. Unfortunately, I wasn't sick enough to be down in bed, so I struggled through the last couple of days. (Better living through chemistry.) At night I was doing NyQuil and Vicks Vapo Rub. Greg said I smelled pretty bad, but it didn't bother me. :-) I needed to sleep, and I accomplished that goal. Greg even talked me into trying the Netty Pot this morning, which I have yet to master. Regardless, I think I passed the critical part this morning. I am starting to feel better. This is good, because Melanie is coming over on Sunday. YAY!!!!

Tomorrow I am going to finish the taxes (yes, Dad, I started them). Then I want to cut out my dress that I've had fabric for since about the first of February. The sewing is my reward for doing the taxes. It may sound crazy, but I find the reward system still works for me.

No comments: