Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend doings!

Matt and Mary came over from Columbus on Friday night. It was a beautiful day yesterday, and we went walking in the neighborhood and just relaxed in the morning. On Saturday night we headed downtown (duntun) to The Church Brew Works for dinner and then off to Heinz Hall for a concert. The program was all Rachmaninoff, who is one of my favorite composers. This picture was taken at Intermission in the garden courtyard outside the hall between the Vocalise and the Symphonic Dances (part 1) and the third piano concerto performed by Denis Matsuev (part 2). The pianist was truly an amazing performer; he did TWO encores that were also beautiful. This guy was rocking that 9-foot Steinway grand. I'm sure they tune HIS piano very often. It was great to spend time with Matt and Mary and to do something so fun on top of it!


I also wanted to post a great new picture I got of our newest family member, Nathaniel Ethan, on the occasion of being 6 weeks old! Stan and Abby (and big brother Gabe) sent two great pictures of Nate - - - with his eyes open! I just couldn't resist putting this little cutey on the blog.



Finally, Greg and I did some yard work this afternoon, and the honeysuckle plants in the corners have come under attack again. This time Greg cut them down to about 2 feet off the ground. He trimmed off all the "feelers" and put the main plants below the top of the fence. They look pretty pathetic, so I will see if they are going to behave themselves or whether we end up taking them out completely. I've also planted 10 new perennial mums that I got from Spring Hill nurseries. And the Ohio State Horticulture donations of spirea and ground cover are once again showing signs of life. You just can't beat that OSU plant stock.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I have plenty of OSU stock too! My Honeysuckle is going to get butchered soon - they are great for privacy but tend to take over.
Love the picture of Nathaniel. He looks like a little sweetheart.