Sunday, March 29, 2009

Birthday Weekend!


This weekend was my birthday, and it was awesome! When I got up on Saturday morning, Greg had baked me some birthday chocolate chip cookies (since a whole cake is a bit too much for us). He had ALSO gone shopping and gave me a present in traditional Froehle wrap; i.e., the Sunday funnies. As you can see in the background here, he was also making our traditional Saturday morning breakfast of blueberry waffles. I had a wonderful waffle and a cup of coffee with my birthday cookie.

The present turned out to be a lovely, olive-green shirt jacket from Chico's. Since green is hands-down my favorite color and Chico's is also on my top three favorite stores right now, this present was an instant hit.


After breakfast, I went for a walk and took my shower. Greg went to take a nap, exhausted from cooking and wrapping gifts and stuff. :-) So I took off to get a massage and to get my nails done. It is sort of like the "spring cleaning" of personal care since I got my hair done on Thursday. I should be good for a little while.

In the evening, we had plans to meet our friends, Mickey and Maribeth, in the Cultural District for dinner at Six Penn Kitchen. We got dressed up and had a great meal there before our show at the Benedum Center, "La Boheme." This was the first time we had seen this opera even though it is in the top 3 Italian operas staged in the U.S. I looked it up on Wikipedia before the show and read the story and the history; and the show lived up to its reputation. We really enjoyed it!


This evening we called Katy and David on Skype and talked to them while they ate spaghetti. Katy wanted me to play BINGO with her on Skype, but I couldn't see the cards. Maybe Daddy will scan some of them and send me a few so we can play next week.


Thanks to all my great friends and family who sent cards and called and gave me e-mail wishes. It was an amazing day, and I am sooooo lucky to be alive with all of you out there.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sounds like you had a fab weekend. Happy birthday!!!