Saturday, August 02, 2008

Half Anniversary and Back at Goal!!!!


I have been going back to Weight Watchers to get rid of the 6-8 pounds I gained over the winter when the weather was too bad to walk and the food was too available. I asked Greg if we could go on a date to dinner on Mount Washington when I got back to my goal weight. There was also an outfit that he bought for me in the silent auction at the Glass Slipper Ball last February that I have been wanting to wear; and it is definitely a summer set.


Well, I finally weighed in below my goal weight on Tuesday; and Greg made a reservation for us tonight for dinner. It was fun to get dressed up and ride the Duquesne Incline and dine looking over the city. And the orange roughy was delicious . . . I love fish when somebody else prepares it for me!

It just so happens that our anniversary is February 2. Since today is August 2, this officially qualifies as our "half anniversary." Eight and a half years are worth celebrating; and I liked it so much that I suggested to Greg that we should celebrate a half anniversary every year so we could have a nice date in the summertime, too. (He's thinking about that one, but I think I can convince him.) Here is a photo from our evening.



Here we are at the top of the incline after dinner with the sun setting over the Ohio River in the background. On the way home, we saw another couple on the back of a motorcycle. I asked Greg if he ever thought of our taking this kind of transportation. He said 'yes' that we could be "Big G and Special K" talking into our microphones inside those big helmets. (I don't think so.)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congratulations! Glad you had a fun evening out. Greg's comment made me laugh! =)