Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Happy Birthday, Melanie!


In the true spirit of being a mother, I cannot let this opportunity pass by. Melanie is turning 23 on Friday, and I thought it would be a great time to post some pictures of my baby girl on the blog. So here goes.




Melanie's first day. August 8, 1985.



Melanie at age 6 months in the infamous blue dress.


Emily and Melanie on the beach in St. Maarten; ages 15 and 7 respectively.


Melanie in a Glamour Shot at age 14. I think she hates this picture and will probably get mad at me for this one.




Drew and Melanie before the band dance last year hamming it up. Show us those beautiful, green eyes, baby!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETHEART! I love ya'!

Mom

4 comments:

Jen said...

Love the flashback! I think I'd be more concerned about Emily being upset about the bathing suit picture than Melanie about the one in the hat. =) That's the Emily I remember when we were growing up, bangs and all!...good times!

Emily said...

Jen's right...that bathing suit is classic. But I want to pinch those cheeks on Baby Mel! What a sweetheart, reminds me of Katy. Happy 23rd to Mel!

Mimi said...

Since we haven't aged, how did our children get to be so old! Must be magic. :) Happy Birthday, Melanie.

Oma Froehle said...

(You know the tune.)
"I don't remember getting ol-der.
When did they?

Sun-rise!
Sun-set!
Sun-rise!
Sunset!

Quickly, fly the years . . . ."

You're right, Mimi. It was just yesterday, wasn't it?