Saturday, April 05, 2008


Back from the land of the Babies!


Oma has returned to Pittsburgh after a whirlwind week with Brian, Emily, Katy and David. It was fast and fun. I wanted to post a few pictures and a story or two since it has been a week since my last post.


Katy and I were morning buddies most of the week because Mommy and Daddy were staying upstairs a little later while "Baby Damin" caught a little morning nap. Katy and I worked hard to make the coffee and even to stir up some waffle batter one morning so we could have a yummy breakfast. After breakfast, Katy eventually wanted to "Watch a bideo?" I got really familiar with Dora and the "Super Babies." By Thursday I was begging for Elmo's World or even the Wiggles. I think I've picked up a little Spanish from Dora; and I am definitely aware that "'C' is for cookie." Cookie Monster is still near and dear to my heart. :-)


On Thursday, we all went to Chipotle for lunch and took Baby David on his first outing. Those of you who know Emily will not be surprised at this nor will you have any question who picked the restaurant. Emily loves Chipotle and has passed this passion on to Katy who can dissect a soft taco and make short work of it.


After lunch we drove a few blocks to a small park where Katy got to play outside in a tunnel with a bunch of slides and other cool stuff. The pictures here are from the park. We even got a quick family picture.

All in all, Oma had a wonderful time helping out and spending time with the Mowery's and Aunt Mel (who is a very proud aunt for the second time, I might add). Yesterday I returned to Cranberry and was VERY glad to see Opa. It is really great to be home.

2 comments:

Jen said...

What great pics. I can't believe how big David is already. Glad you had a good trip!

Pam said...

I loved the pictures. AND you made me wish for Chipotle but that's off limits for me right now!
Isn't it funny how Katy & David look so different from each other? One blondey and one dark.
I know I've said this to you before but having your mum there when you get home from the hospital is just the best. I bet Emily was so thankful.