Sunday, March 30, 2008



Oma Meets David and Plays with Katy!

I just had to make the trip to meet my new little guy . . . and he is just as sweet as can be! He looks a little serious here, but he just got home from the hospital and had been meeting people pretty continuously for two and a half days. And many of them were named "Grand" something, too. But I am the only OMA in the crowd. That is undoubtedly why he is thinking so hard about it.



While David is sleeping, Katy and I are having a great time with puzzles and songs and books and walks around the block. Katy knows the route so well that she won't let Oma change it! If we get to a place that she usually turns and Oma keeps going, Katy has a really hard time. "This way, Oma! No! This way!" Maybe we can branch out a bit tomorrow.


I got an awesome gift certificate from the kids for my birthday. It gives me a chance to get a facial or a manicure or a pedicure or other service at the Aveda school. I can't wait to get that scheduled. I also want to get another massage at "Body Wisdom" while I'm here. I should come back calm and beautiful . . . well, at least calmER and more GROOMED. :-) I also got a great garden stone for my flowerbed. Hopefully there will be some things blooming there shortly after I get home.


Katy and I are going to story time at the library this week. I don't know if she is looking forward to it as much as I am, but I can use a break from books about service oriented architecture and enterprise business strategy. A few days coloring Nemo pictures and reading Eric Carle books may just improve my creativity. It is definitely out-of-the-box thinking . . . the crayon box.


Adios, amigos! (Dora says this)

2 comments:

Mimi said...

To an OMA from a MIMI--Aren't grandchildren great? Who knew it would be this much fun!

Pam said...

Happy Birthday! It was mine today too, which means we are both fabulous Arians!
It was nice to see you today and I'm sure Emily is appreciating the help.
Enjoy the massage!