Sunday, March 23, 2008



Happy Easter!

It has been a great Easter weekend in spite of the snow yesterday and the chilly temperatures. Anticipating the arrival of our new grandbaby has given the holiday a different sense of waiting for something to happen. Waiting for new life to begin . . . waiting for spring and flowers to pop through the ground . . . waiting like the disciples hiding away in the upper room for something to happen.

We went to an early church service this morning to leave room for visitors later in the day. At 1 p.m., I am dressed for a walk and heading out into the sunshine in a few minutes. There are a few daffodils that are poking their heads out in my flower beds. I am hoping that the bulbs I planted last fall will start appearing soon. I added some blues to the early garden and can't wait to see how they look. When I am out walking, I will be looking for hints of other people's plantings while I get my exercise points.

Greg got the updated Turbo Tax software yesterday, so I guess we need to get that installed this week and plug in the numbers to see what we owe the tax man. I have my box of stuff here in dissarray waiting to be plugged in and ground up by the software. I have given up on filing early. Maybe if I planned for a refund that would be important. Not so. Besides, I like the togetherness of filing with the rest of the slackers. :-)

We sang a great song this morning that is running through my head. Let me leave you with that. It's called "Alive Forever Amen" and the chorus goes like this:

"He's alive, alive, alive hallelujah!

Alive, praise and glory to the lamb!

Alive, alive, alive hallelujah!

Alive, forever, Amen!"

No comments: