Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Week to You!!!


I would truly be remiss if I didn't acknowledge the BEST holiday of the year---St. Patrick's Day! Being from the McHenry clan and growing up loving the color green and just generally loving being Irish, this has to be a favorite time of year. It is a holiday with no presents or flowers----just pure, unrestrained FUN!!


To celebrate this year, Greg and I started on Friday night, March 15, with dinner at our favorite restaurant, the Passport Cafe in Wexford. They had good Irish grub and some special beer (of course) and Irish music by The Arnold Family Band. We really enjoyed the evening listening to favorites like "Danny Boy" and "Finnegan's Wake" as well as numerous ballads about Irish boys and girls who invariably came to some bad end and ended up being buried with a jug of whiskey at their feet. I'm STILL tapping my feet to the music.


I've managed to wear green every day since Friday, and it has raised my spirits considerably! Tomorrow is the first day of spring; and it also happens to be Fred Rogers' birthday. In his memory, all of Pittsburgh has declared Thursday to be "Sweater Day." As a tribute, we are being asked to wear a Mr. Rogers style cardigan. I wonder if I have a GREEN cardigan? Here's a nice number. Emily and Melanie, what do you think? Would I look good in this?


"Won't you be, won't you be, please won't you be my neighbor . . . . "

No comments: