Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Best Recipe I've Found for a Long Time!

As many of you know, I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. This is because I need to keep food in a proper perspective in order to stay in my clothes. This week I went to weigh in after Thanksgiving to keep me on track during the holidays. The leader handed out this really simple, low-fat recipe that is so great for working people and busy moms, I just had to pass it along! It doesn't have a name, so call it whatever you like!

1 pound ground beef or turkey
Crumble it in a skillet and cook it.
Add a small, chopped onion if you like (I do)
Drain off the fat when it's brown if you need to.

Add to the skillet:
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
1 can of tomato soup
Salt & Pepper if desired.

Stir everything together and simmer until "smushed together" (my terminology). I do it about 10 minutes.

You are now finished and can serve this in a ba-zillion ways including:
Over pasta
In a wrap with cheese (fat free, of course) and sour cream (again, fat free)
Eat it like sloppy Joe on a bun.
Put it on a salad with stuff to make a "Taco Salad"
You get the idea . . . make some up yourself.

The recipe says you can add chili beans if you want. I stuck with the basics but might try this.

If you are counting WW points, the whole recipe is 6 servings and is 18-1/2 points total. Each serving is only 3 points!!!! I made mine with ground turkey, and it was awesome.

No comments: