Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas Decorations! We're Cookin'!

It is time to get going on the decorations, and we got our tree on Sunday and started the festivities! I am slowly getting things pulled out, and here are some pictures of the two most important elements of Christmas . . . the tree and the stockings.

As you can see from the mantle, all the stockings and hangers are on display. I even found an itty bitty stocking with musical notes on it for "Little David" . . . even though he won't officially be opening presents until next year. Emily, Melanie and David's stockings are on the left; Katy, Brian, Greg and my stockings are on the right. If you look closely, you will also notice that the Christmas plate that Melanie and I painted at Mud Pies is on display on the mantal. This definitely sets the mood.


We went back to our standard Christmas tree place down at Safari Sams' parking lot to get this Frazer Fir. It was trimmed to be a lovely shape, and it smells great! I stuck with the "Red Hat Society" colors from last year and added candy canes this year. I also bought dated Hallmark ornaments a couple of weeks ago at the mall. Sure hope I find them before Christmas. Maybe I will come upon them when I start wrapping gifts . . . they might be in a bag with something else.

Hope your holidays are shaping up to be glorious. The snow certainly might put us in the mood. I also bought a new book of Christmas songs to play on the piano. It has Silver Bells in it, which is one of my favorite Christmas songs.

No comments: