Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Response to the Tag from Poo!

Here goes. Six (somewhat) interesting things about me per the tag from Poo!

1) My biggest surprise ever was when I discovered that my mother was not BIG! At the age of 12, I was shocked to discover that she was barely 5-feet tall and that I had been afraid of her all those years . . . and she is a shrimp.

2) When I was 21 and single, I went on a vacation to Hawaii for 2 weeks with total strangers. I just signed up, got on the airplane, and flew off without ever having met my room-mate from St. Louis. It was a wonderful, memorable trip.

3) I met my husband, Greg, on an internet site for the Dayton Daily News Dateline. One of the first questions I asked him in e-mail was how to pronounce his last name. Little did I know that I would be answering that question for the rest of my life.

4) I've had two babies by natural childbirth.

5) I love to sew and have made just about everything from a tablecloth to a winter coat at one time or another.

6) I got a 2-year degree out of high school and then went back to college in my 30's. I earned my Bachelor's degree from Wright State University in night classes while working full time with two kids. I was 40 when I got my Bachelor's.

Now, to tag somebody that hasn't already been tagged is a challenge. Hmmm.

7) All my blogger buddies are Emily's friends because none of my friends has a blog. Greg!! Maria!! Teresa!! Mimi!!! Granny!!! Grandpa!!!! Send me your list in e-mail and I'll post it on my blog. :-) That's 6 interesting things about YOU.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I loved these things about you - you sound so cosmopolitan! I wish I had your sowing skills ...