Tuesday, June 09, 2009

BROWN STAINS, OMG . . .

that's right, folks, on my underwear!!! I went to a breakfast meeting this morning at the Westin for the Athena Awards nominations. I poured myself a cup of Starbucks coffee in a paper cup and put a lid on it. The lid didn't fit very well. When I sat down a few minutes later and picked up the cup to take a drink using the hole in the lid, the coffee poured out between the cup and the lid. Before I realized what was happening, I poured about 1/2 cup of coffee down the front of my dress (which, thankfully, was black). The coffee ran down my stomach and (you guessed it) into my underwear!!!! No number of napkins could rescue me. I was mighty uncomfortable for the rest of the meeting.

When I got back to the office and stopped in the restroom, I had to laugh at the coffee stains I had in some unusual places.

Let's just say I am giving up on the lids from now on. :-)

No comments: