Sunday, October 12, 2008

Columbus and the Babes!



Well, Oma has really been slacking in the blog department! There is a lot going on with our home group; we've added some great new people! Besides that, the Jazz Explosion at LeMont event for Sojourner House is this Thursday, October 16. So I have been trying to help out with some last minute things there. And the Pittsburgh Symphony season has started! YAY! Greg and I got a few more concerts this year by changing our day and our seats. There are just lots of things going on.

We went to Columbus this weekend to see the chillun. Brian and Emily wanted to go together to the OSU vs. Purdue game on Saturday, so Opa and I got some quality time with Katy and David. It was a bunch of fun.




David is 6 months old and sitting up all by himself. He is such a smiley little guy. Even when he's "fussy," it hardly counts; it's more like mild complaining. Rarely does he have a problem that food and a clean diaper will not correct. You can see that he is a charmer just like his daddy.


David is now enjoying rice cereal for dinner each evening. This is quite an experience for both the feeder and the feedee. Every time I put some cereal in his mouth, he grabbed the spoon and tried to wrestle it away from me. I finally gave up and got another spoon so I could alternate and let him have one and then switch when he grabbed the next bite. I forgot to ask Emily if this is why she put two spoons out on the counter when she left. Maybe this is a common problem. Regardless, David ate almost all the cereal . . . well, except for the part that got on his face. I think they can get nutrients through the skin, too, can't they?



Katy, meanwhile, was keeping Opa busy reading books and taking walks. According to Opa, there was a lot more going on than walking out there! There were rocks to pick up and berries on bushes and cats to chase and all kinds of things to find. Who would guess that the neighborhood was so interesting? Oh, and Barney is kind of annoying, you know? I still like Elmo better in spite of his slightly squeaky voice.















Katy also managed to go upstairs and sneak up to her parents room and turn on the TV when we weren't watching. And there were some beads in a Ziploc bag inside a drawer in a nightstand in the guest bedroom that Katy ALSO found and managed to spill ALL OVER THE FLOOR. Opa and I had fun sweeping up THOSE puppies and trying to get them back into their bag. But it was a great reminder of how much energy a 2-year-old has and how quick they are.












On Sunday, I went along with Emily and Katy to the toddler gymnastics class over at the RPAC on campus. This was a lot of fun, and I got to see Craig and Pam and Jack. The class only lasted 30 minutes, but it was amazing to see how the instructor keep 10-15 toddlers busy and active and distracted the whole time.

Katy seemed to really like the running and jumping and climbing and walking on the balance beam and hanging by her arms from the bar. I got one good picture of her tuck and roll practice here. Things moved so fast that I had a hard time getting into position and snapping a picture before it was over.



Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!

Wasn't that fun?

Where's Jack?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yes, I forgot to mention the 2-spoon strategy, but I see you figured it out. Feeding him with one spoon is quite a challenge! Yesterday we added carrots to his cereal, he didn't seem to notice.

And Katy needs a haircut now that I look at these pics. But thanks for taking pictures at the gymnastics class - can you send them so Brian can see?

Oma Froehle said...

Em: The pictures from gymnastics are not too high quality, but I'll send them this weekend. Busy week in Mudville . . . .