Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Most Elegant Glass Slipper Ball!



Last night was the Zonta Three Rivers North annual benefit to raise money for scholarships for women. It was held at the Sheraton Hotel here in Cranberry, and it was a beautiful, wonderful event. We won't know the total amount of money that was raised until later in the week, but judging from the success of the event, I expect the number to be the best in the event's 5-year history.





Some of our favorite restaurants were there serving appetizers and desserts . . . over 20 different fine dining establishments were represented. There were scallops and Ahi tuna and wonderful orzo dishes and smoked salmon with avacado and cream cheese on cucumbers and sushi and things I can't even describe. The desserts were everything from bananas foster to truffles (my personal weakness) to ice cream and miniature cupcakes and amazing things with fruit and whipped cream.



The flowers in the ballroom were beautiful, and I got to adopt this beautiful arrangement for my dining room table after the cleanup this morning. The house smells like roses, which is a real treat with the temperature dropping into single digits tonight.


This event was our anniversary, Valentine's, everything February celebration. Greg bought me a beautiful outfit in the silent auction. (Read here how I hinted shamelessly how much I liked it and watched it during the evening to see if the bidding was within reach.) More about the outfit in a later post.

Here is our picture in our GSB finery!


Today is also my baby brother, Neil's, birthday! Happy birthday, bro'! (He's the one in the red shirt.)

No comments: