Saturday, October 20, 2007

Opa's Birthday . . . . It's fall . . . . Katy's new ride!


Today is Opa's birthday!!! Happy birthday, Greg!!! Woo Hoo!! (We say this in Pittsburgh when we like something. Don't ask me why.)

The leaves are beautiful today. Greg and I took a walk this morning, and it is a perfect fall day. I wish I could bottle this for some of those January and February days that are so dreary. There was a beautiful red-breasted woodpecker at the suet feeder this morning. The birds are bulking up, so you know the weather is cooling.

I don't intend to take the NaBloPoMo or whatever Emily was talking about on her blog. There is no way I can post every day. Besides, I spend all day every day on the computer. My evenings cannot be spent blogging. Count me out.

I went to the Tractor Supply Company this morning to replenish my supply of bird seed and to get another pamphlet for my dad so he can spec out a shepherd's hook to hang flowers on. This tractor toy has been calling to me the last few times I've been in there. And Katy is coming to play very shortly. So now she will have a riding toy worthy of her great-grandpa's genes (of which she has several I'm sure). It's a John Deere, Dad!! What do you think. The gas gauge says it has a full tank, so it should take Katy a long way.

Enjoy the last days of October! Hope you are having a great fall.

1 comment:

Emily said...

When you mentioned Katy's new ride, I thought it was going to be about her new car seat - but this is even better. I can totally see Katy on a tractor someday, so we might as well get her started early.