Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Sew, Sew, Sew . . .



Here is the outfit I sewed recently from the "Potting Shed" fabric I bought from Sawyer Brooke. It is difficult to see in the picture, but the fabric is predominantly shades of green and tan with threads of pink and lavender running through it along the grain. The buttons are pearlized in a beautiful shade of taupe. I worked on this a couple of weekends ago and have worn it once. I would have worn it more, but the long sleeves have been too hot. Anyway, I asked Greg to take this picture so I could send it in to Sawyer Brooke for their web site showing creations with their fabric.

I am currently looking for the perfect wool fabric to make a simple wrap coat with princess lines. I looked last winter and never found anything that I liked. It cannot be plain or any of the "safe" colors like navy or black or camel. This coat is going to take some time, so it has to be "shazzam" fabric that is a little unusual. In the meantime, I will amuse myself with pulling weeds out of the flower beds and finishing up the pants suit I started last spring and didn't finish in time to wear before it was too hot for the jacket. Sew, sew, sew . . . .

No comments: