Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Couch!!! WOW!

I have been looking for a couch for the family room off and on for about 2 years. Two years ago was when I decided to get the faded, blue sectional we had re-upholstered and about choked when they quoted $2,200 to rework it and put medium-grade fabric on it. OUCH! Guess it would be cheaper to just replace it.

A couple of weeks ago, Macy's had a furniture sale, and Greg and I stopped there after a trip to Half Price Books near the Ross Park Mall. I found a lovely green sofa that blends perfectly with the love seat we had in the basement. So I went back the following Tuesday and ordered it.





Today was delivery day. Let me share the excitement of the "new" room. We moved the leather recliner from the living room into the family room also. (Don't worry, Melanie. The rocking chair that has been around since 1974 found a home in front of the TV in the basement. It actually has become one of Greg's favorite reading chairs.)






I like the new look. It's light and cheerful.
There are lots of comfy places to site and relax.
Anybody know someone looking for a serviceable but sun-faded L-shaped sectional couch? I know where you might pick one up really cheap. :-) Craig's List . . . .

2 comments:

Emily said...

I like it! It's hard to see Old Blue go, it was so comfy, although like you said, also very sun bleached.

Pam said...

Looks nice! I can see why you spotted it and fell in love.
I'm hoping to shop for a new sofa next year as my current one has cushions that aren't attached at the back, so kids and my dog have made them look like lumpy bags of laundry.