Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day, 2010!

In honor of dad, I'm posting two important things.  One is a picture of Dad with his World War II buddy, Freddie, during his Honor Flight about 18 months ago.  This great picture was taken at the World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C.  It is a favorite of mine because it reminds me of the great respect and honor we owe our dad's and all the veterans who have fought to preserve our freedom.



The second half of my post is a personal one about my childhood memories of following Dad around the garage on Saturday's.  Neil and I would rush through our bowls of Frosted Flakes to be able to go outside and see what project "we" would be working on today.  This cartoon says it all, Dad.  I'm sure you know right where your hammer is located at this very moment; but it doesn't hold a candle to having help with those projects.



Happy Father's Day!
(Click the carton to enlarge.)

No comments: