Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Tree is UP!

We stole an idea from the Friedl's in our home group, and decided to put our Christmas tree up yesterday with just the lights.  It so happens that we were out of bread, and I decided to pop a loaf into the bread machine in the morning yesterday.  We brought the tree home after lunch, and the bread finished baking about 2:30 p.m.  I cannot tell you how the house smelled with the pine scent of the tree and the fresh bread.  All I can say is, this smells a lot better than it looks.




I hope your Thanksgiving was safe and happy, and I hope it is filled with great memory-making and smells from the past as well.  I have made a stab at starting my Christmas shopping, and there is a music program at the church on Friday, December 11, that I will be playing string bass with the orchestra.  All that's missing is a couple of dozen hugs and . . . maybe a brief but pretty snow to make things perfect.  But I'll settle for the plan as it stands.  :-)

1 comment:

Greg said...

>this smells a lot better than it looks.

The inverse of your husband!