Saturday, June 21, 2008


Just a Few Garden Musings . . . .


The perennials are blooming and I even put in a couple of flats of marigolds. Things are so pretty this spring, and I have been enjoying the yard the last couple of weeks. I haven't been to the pool like Katy, but Oma has her own kind of fun.

Opa's favorite is sitting on the porch in the evening to read the paper until 7 o'clock or so. We eat late and often enjoy our dinner on the porch or the deck. We just can't bear to waste the outdoors.

The front porch with its yummy rockers and shady view is a GREAT place to spend our evenings.

2 comments:

Pam said...

It looks like a lovely place to sit. I'm jealous as we have no porch.
Do your marigolds keep mosquitoes at bay? I often wonder if they do.

Oma Froehle said...

Pam, we don't have much problem with mosquitoes, but I never associated it with the marigolds! We are up on a hill, and the air moves around quite a bit. But the marigolds seem to keep the rabbits from eating my lilies! I don't have a dog, so the rabbits bother me more than the skeeters!